Sunday, July 20, 2008

Potato Candy



I remember when I first tried Potato Candy. My mom bought some from a bake sale and was telling me to try it. I turned my nose up at it... but as she kept insisting I try a piece- I finally did. And mmmmm. Soooo different.


Ingredients

1 medium potato- cooked and peeled

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 lb powdered sugar

1 tablespoon butter

Peanut Butter (what ever and how much you like)


Cut the peeled and cooked potato into pieces and place in a mixer. Beat until mashed. Add Butter and vanilla. Slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing until you have a stiff dough. If dough is sticky- put in fridge for 2 hours. Spread waxed paper onto your counter and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Roll the dough out on the waxed paper. Then spread it with a layer of peanut butter. Roll up as you would a jelly roll (tightly). Wrap each roll with waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours. Slice the logs into slices and store in refridgerator in an airtight container.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I've never heard of potato candy before so this definitely intrigues me! Thanks for sharing :)

Cate said...

I love potatoes...and candy! I've never heard of them together, though. Looks great!