Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bavarian-Style Beef Roast w/ Sauerkraut

The hub and I usually like pork and sauerkraut. I found this and figured I would try this. He loved this more than pork and sauerkraut. I found it from a recipe book I have from Betty Crocker.



Ingredients

1 tbsp vegetable oil

3 lb beef boneless tip roast trimmed of fat

2 tsp caraway seed (I omitted)

1/2 tsp salt

16 oz frozen small whole onions

16 oz Bavarian-style sauerkraut undrained

1/2 cup dark beer

1/4 cup flour

1 tbsp ground mustard



Heat oil in skillet over medium high. Cook beef for 5 minutes or until all sides are browned. Sprinkle with salt. Place beef in a 5-6qt slow cooker. Place onions, sauerkraut and 1/4 cup beer around beef. Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours.

Remove beef from cooker-(cover to keep warm). Mix flour, remaining 1/4 cup beer and mustard in bowl. Gradually stir into juices in cooker. Increase heat to high. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve beef with juices.



Enjoy!

No comments: